Dumbbell Bench Press
The dumbbell bench press is an exercise that works the Pectorals Major and Clavicular. The following instructions should be followed to perform the dumbbell bench press appropriately:
- Lay flat on a bench with a dumbbell in each hand. The palm of your hands should be facing each other while the dumbbells rest on top of your thighs.
- Use your thighs to help raise the dumbbells and position them so they are even with your shoulders.
- Rotate your wrists so your palms are facing the ceiling. At this point, the dumbbells should be just to the sides of your chest. This will be your starting position for the exercise.
- Use your chest muscles to simultaneously push the dumbbells up towards the ceiling.
- Bring the dumbbells back down to the starting position slowly and repeat for you desired amount of repetitions.
See the following video for an example on how to properly perform the dumbbell bench press: