The standing dumbbell reverse curl strengthens the upper body. Below are instructions on how to execute this workout properly to achieve the maximum results:
- Standing straight, hold a dumbbell in each hand. Have feet shoulder-width apart and arms fully extended. This is your starting position.
- Without moving your elbow, curl the weights towards your shoulders.
- Squeeze and hold this position for one second.
- Slowly bring the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for as many reps as desired.
Below is a video showing you how to properly complete the standing dumbbell reverse curl:
The dumbbell lying rear delt raise is a great exercise for shoulders. Having proper form is important to get the most out of the exercise and to avoid straining yourself.
Here is how to perform a dumbbell lying rear delt raise:
- Lie flat on the bench with your face down and two dumbbells in hand, arms resting on your sides
- Keep elbows bent slightly and palms facing inward
- Raise arms until elbows are about shoulder height and arms are parallel to the ground
- Hold at full extension for a second or two
- Lower slowly back down and repeat
Here’s a video of the exercise to visualize how it’s done: